Friday, June 26, 2015

MTC Week 1: Love, love, and love

Dear friends and family,

Well, I have officially been in the MTC for over a week. It has been an absolutely amazing, yet sometimes overwhelming experience. Never in my life have I had so many spiritual experiences in such a little amount of time. I am absolutely blessed to be serving the Lord. 
My companion, Sister Johnson, and I have connected quite well, and I am so grateful that we have been placed as companions for this short experience. We have also had the opportunity to work with two other sisters in our district who are also going to West Virginia, Sister Tafea and Sister Ward. They are all such wonderful sisters; I couldn't be more grateful to work with them. The rest of our district consists of eight elders. Four of them are going to Houston, Texas and the other four are going to Richmond, Virginia. We have all bonded very quickly and get along quite well. 
We have been teaching quite a lot recently, mostly about the Plan of Salvation. It has been amazing to see the comfort the Plan brings to members and non-members alike. It truly is such a wonderful experience to invite and help others to draw closer to Christ and feel His love and peace that can be obtained through the atonement. The Plan was also discussed at our devotional on Tuesday. Marcus B. Nash of the Seventy spoke on it, and the point that really hit me was that I have been preparing to go on a mission not since I began filling out my papers back in November, but since the pre-existence. It is such an amazing and wonderful thought to have, that this is the path I am supposed to be going down. 
I am so grateful for all of your love and support. 

Sincerely, 

Sister Nash

No comments:

Post a Comment