Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Elkins, West Virginia: Halloween, Peeling Pears, and Transfer Week

Hello family and friends!

This past week has been quite the week here in Elkins! Last Monday was rather busy after I sent out my emails. We had a district p-day where we carved pumpkins and did tie-dye. It was extremely fun! Sister Roberts and I then had to rush to a ward family home evening we were having. We didn't have a large turn out of people, but it was still lots of fun. We helped them carve pumpkins and we related it to the light of Christ and Matthew 5:14-16.

The rest of the week consisted of running around, serving, and teaching. We had the opportunity to serve a variety of people this week. We helped someone paint their trailer which resulted in "Elegant Charcoal" paint being all over my hands. We also helped someone else peel pears... which resulted in pear juice all over my hands and smelling like pears for a few hours.

Halloween was rather odd this year. Instead of the normal Halloween festivities, we were helping out at a funeral. The services went well, but it did not connect in my mind that it was Halloween until we got home later that evening.

So, this week is transfer week... and surprise! Sister Roberts and I are staying in Elkins because we're still doing training. None of the Elkins missionaries are going anywhere for another transfer.

This past week has been hectic, so I haven't done the best job with "ponderizing". Thus, I am "ponderizing the same scripture again this week.
2 Nephi 25:26
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."

I hope that you all have an amazing week! Never forget that Heavenly Father loves each of you.

Love,

Sister Thyme Nash


No comments:

Post a Comment