Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Elkins, West Virginia: Testify of Christ, Missionary Work, and the Atonement is Real

Hello all!

This week has been a pretty standard one in the way of missionary work. My companion and I have been teaching our friends and slowly helping their faith grow. It is great to see the little moments that show how Christ is influencing their lives. The smallest feelings of peace and understanding become huge moments in a person's eternal progression.

Christ and the Atonement have been a major element of my thoughts and studies this past week. While I can not fully comprehend how Christ felt everything that we have ever felt and ever will feel, I do know that he did. We can not understand everything that God does, but we can trust in Him. Knowing that Christ knows exactly what I feel and what others feel has brought peace in my mind when I don't know how to help someone else. I know that He will help me understand and give me the words necessary to help these people.

My "ponderizing" scripture this past week was 2 Nephi 25:26 (again). After thinking about it for two weeks, I have summarized it to: "...we talk...rejoice...preach...prophesy... and write of Christ..." As Christians, this is what we need to be doing. Taking upon ourselves the name of Christ means that we are going to be as Christlike as we can be, and we're going to involve Christ in every aspect of our life.

This next week I'll be "ponderizing" is Mormon 5:23. "Know ye not that ye are in the hands of God? Know ye not that he hath all power, and at his great command the earth shall be rolled together as a scroll?"

I hope that you all have an amazing week. I love you and hope that you all continue to do well.

Love,

Sister Thyme Nash

No comments:

Post a Comment