Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Elkins, West Virginia: Believe in God, First Frost, and Why Sister Nash has Obsessively Been Reading the Book of Mormon

Hello family and friends!

This week was a pretty standard week. We did not have anything too out of the ordinary occur, except for the weather. We had the first frost of the season on Saturday, and I discovered that humid cold is a lot different from dry cold. Luckily, I was prepared with my winter coat when we were out and about and a blanket to bundle up in for when we were home.

A large portion of my study time this week has been focused on reading The Book of Mormon. I have never been this dedicated to reading scripture throughout my life, but I have seen the influence that it has played throughout this week. At times when I normally would be fumbling in my mind for an answer to a question, I was given the answer through scriptures that I had read previously that morning or week. We are promised that "...it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say" (D&C 100:6), but part of that promise is that we need to do everything in our power to have the resources for the answers to come from. Reading scriptures daily is essential to live in the world today. With so much around us, the scriptures bring solid direction and instruction where everything else brings chaos and confusion.

As I "ponderized" last week the only lasting statement I came with was: "Believe in God". It's a simple statement, but it is "...by small and simple things [that] great things [are] brought to pass" (Alma 37:6).

"Ponderize" Scripture of the Week: Ether 12:4

"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."

I hope that you all have an amazing week! Never forget that through belief and faith comes hope which is an anchor to our souls. I love you all and am always thinking about and praying for you.

Love,

Sister Thyme Nash

No comments:

Post a Comment