Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Elkins, West Virginia: Transfers, Trainer-in-Training, and Leaving with a Song

Hello family and friends,

This week has been a good week, though we are coming upon some changes here in Elkins. Sister Moea'i will be transferred tomorrow to Lexington, Virginia. I will be training a brand new sister missionary... so that should be exciting! In all honesty, I am nervous to be training; however, I look forward to the experience and calling that Heavenly Father has granted me. Out of the current Elders in Elkins, Elder Buttars and Elder Anderson, Elder Anderson will be going home (his 2 years are up), and Elder Buttars will be sticking around.

I have come to realize throughout this transfer that nothing has blessed me more than keeping my hymnbook on hand. There is nothing more uplifting in times of trial than a song from the heart. We have visited those in nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, and those just going through rough times, and we always ask if we can leave them with a song. They are always really sweet and talk about how we sound like angels. 2 Nephi 32:2-3 talks about speaking with the tongue of angels:

"2 Do ye not remember that I said unto you that after ye had received the Holy Ghost ye could speak with the tongue of angels? And now, how could ye speak with the tongue of angels save it were by the Holy Ghost?
3 Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do."

The power of song is often something that is overlooked. I have never felt Heavenly Father's Spirit more strongly than when I am listening to music. There is something special about it that brings the Spirit when it is uplifting and testifies the words of Christ.

I hope that you have an absolutely amazing week! Never forget that God loves you and that you are his spirit child. Keep your head held high and shine as a light on the hill. I love you all!

Love,

Sister Thyme Nash


No comments:

Post a Comment