Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Elkins, West Virginia: Sister Roberts, Women's Conference, and "Saturday is a special day. It's the day you help everyone move!"

Hello my dearest family and friends!

I hope that you all have had an absolutely fantastic week. I have had an amazing week; though, it has also been a rather crazy week. This past Thursday was transfer day, and I bade my goodbyes to Sister Moea'i and Elder Anderson. I also had the opportunity to greet Sister Roberts and Elder Hansen, our newest missionaries to the Elkins area. Elder Hansen has been out for a year already; however, Sister Roberts is fresh out of the MTC. She is from Alberta, Canada and has such an amazing and sweet spirit. These past few days have been great working with her. I sincerely look forward to the remainder of our companionship together.

The majority of the week has been spent with me trying to really get used to this new responsibility. It can be odd at times to realize that Sister Roberts hasn't met the people that we teach and doesn't know her way around Elkins yet. I am very grateful though that she seems to be adapting to the mission well. She already has a love for those I've introduced her to. I can tell she's going to be an absolutely amazing missionary.

Saturday was definitely a busy day for us. We ended up spending the majority of the day doing service. We helped three different people move. It was a good experience, but I was definitely ready for some rest at the end of the night. It was nice to have some relaxing time at the end of the meeting to watch the General Women's Broadcast to General Conference. It was an absolutely amazing session, and the speakers were divinely inspired. If any of you have not watched i, I would strongly encourage that you do so.

I hope this next week is grand for each of you. You are all amazing, and I pray for you all the time! Thank you for the wonderful influence you've played on my life. Keep it up!

Love,

Sister Thyme Nash

No comments:

Post a Comment