Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Elkins, West Virginia: Baptism, Stringing Beans, and Faith as a Mustard Seed

17 Aug 2015
 
Hello everyone! 

Today marks me being on a mission for 2 months, so that's pretty exciting. It definitely has been one of the most amazing experiences that I have had. Sometimes I'm not sure whether I'm needed out here more for helping others grow closer to Christ or for my own growth toward Christ. I have never found myself relying on Him more or having stronger faith in Him, even if it is "like a grain of mustard seed). 

In other news, I've gotten pretty decent at stringing beans from being here. It seems that everyone and their grandmother's dog does canning over here and grows their own food in some way. A couple of the members in our area have accepted our help in stringing beans and have told us random things about canning. It's always fun to learn new things I suppose!
This past week has been rather busy with preparing for a baptism we had on Saturday. Haileigh Grace Cross was baptized on Saturday, August 15. Saturday, August 15 also marks her 8th birthday, so she was able to be baptized on her birthday just like I was. We have been teaching her and her sisters for a while now. Her two older sisters were baptized a year or so ago, and neither of her parents are members. It was great to see that she wanted to take that step toward baptism and for the amazing faith she has even as a rambunctious little girl. Her and her sisters have been such faith builders for me because they have such a strong desire to go to church and to do their absolute best in everything. I don't think I was ever that motivated at their age to go to church or do the programs that helped me grow closer to Christ, but seeing the faith and love they have has increased my own love and faith in the gospel. 

I would encourage every single one of you to consider your faith in God. I think it's easy in this day and age to forget how much He has done for us. Every single thing that we have is a gift from Him. Everything. Even challenges that we experience are blessings because they build and mold us to be the people that we are today. There is nothing that I am more grateful for right now than the tests of my faith because they have made me so much stronger spiritually than I thought I could ever be. Never lose hope. Never lose faith in that Divine Creator of ours who never makes mistakes. You are meant to be here at this time to serve a specific purpose. No one else could do exactly what you're doing right know, what you have done, and what you're going to do. You are unique and one-of-a-kind. Never forget that He loves you and that I love every single one of you. 

Stay strong! Stay blessed! 

Love, 
Sister Thyme Nash
 

No comments:

Post a Comment