Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Elkins, West Virginia: The Week of Meals, a Brighter Hope, and the Brush of Danger

7 Sep 2015

Hello my wonderful family and friends! 

This past week has been quite a bit better than what it has been lately. Both my depression and my anxiety have tamed down, and I am doing miles better than what I was just a week ago. I definitely have been blessed with where I have been placed and with the people that I have been interacting with for the past 2 1/2 months. I am looking forward to the rest of my mission with a brighter vision of hope and excitement. 

Up to this point in my mission we have not been fed a whole ton by members. We have a couple of homes where we usually can just drop in and they'll either make something for us, or we're welcome to the leftovers they have. However, this week we've had a meal appointment with someone almost every day. It has definitely kept us stuffed! If any of you were ever wondering, pepperoni rolls are a popular West Virginian dish. Look them up. 

This week has been quite amazing. We have been able to pick up quite a few people we may potentially teach through following up on referrals and following a dog to make sure it returned home safely. It wasn't the most common way of finding, but it certainly worked. We have also seen quite a bit of improvement as far as a rekindled interest and desire from a few of our friends (our new term for investigators we are using in the mission) who we've been teaching for a while. 

Scary and exciting story time! Yesterday, Sister Moea'i and I were on our way to a fireside at the church. As we were driving, the car in front of us got into the left-turn lane. Once we were parallel with their vehicle they suddenly swerved back into our lane. Sister Moea'i managed to avoid them (though that seems impossible due to how close they were), and almost flipped us in the process; however, she was able to correct it, and we managed to get out of there without a scratch on ourselves or our truck. We truly are being watched out for here in the field. I am so grateful that our Heavenly Father is there for us and is guiding us every step of the way. 

I hope that you all are having a wonderful Labor day! Have fun! Stay safe! Keep it classy! I love you all. 

Love, 
Sister Thyme Nash :)

No comments:

Post a Comment